ICFO is a research center located in the Mediterranean Technology Park in the metropolitan area of Barcelona, and currently hosts 400+ people, including researchers, PhD students and staff personnel.
ICFO’s Knowledge and Technology Transfer (KTT) unit is proactive in establishing partnerships with industrial corporations, and in fostering spin-off creation. One of our main goals is to act as a leading ally of the optics and photonics industry.
ICFO’s KTT unit is expanding its team through a key appointment. It is looking for a Business Developer for a combination of two halftime assignments: business developer for the Graphene and 2D materials Project Portfolio at ICFO and the Graphene Flagship, with a focus on:
1) Optoelectronics and Photonics, focusing on broadband photodetectors, sources, plasmonic sensors, integrated photonics, optical sensing systems and imaging sensors
2) Flexible electronics and wearable devices, including flexible, transparent electrodes on flexible substrates and biosensors.
The Business Development activities include:
- Perform prospective technological studies and benchmarking of the state of the art of the targeted technological sectors of interest.
- Evaluate the commercial potential of the portfolio of inventions, discoveries and research initiatives available in such targeted areas.
- Perform market analysis and business planning for proprietary technology with commercial potential.
- Manage a patent portfolio through active promotion marketing and licensing inventions and technologies in the targeted areas.
- Draft and negotiate contractual terms with industrial partners.
- Seek for public and private funding; identify opportunities and brief management.
- Establish relationships with potential allies, companies, other research institutions, and investors.
- Proactively attend networking events and activities aiming at strengthen the links between ICFO and different type of companies, investors and allies in the targeted technological areas.